After installing iOS6 on my phone and OSX 10.8.2, Xcode 4.5 and iPhoto 9.4 on two machines in a matter of minutes, I could not install MS Office 11 14.2.4 despite trying for over 3 hours.
The install fails at the very tail end running its post install scripts. Here is what I have tried:
- Restart before install
- Quit everything
- Bring back from backup, and start a fresh update
- Reinstall from scratch
- Try standalone update installer
- Try in-app updater
- The usual suspects, repair permissions, and check disk
The Office is installed at default location, and has not been moved. Did anyone else experience this, and if so, any clues as to how to overcome this?
UPDATE: I was finally able to overcome this problem. The answer is found in Scott_B’s reply on September 21, 2012 at MS’s own site:
In short, all you have to do is
- Rename /Library/Automator folder to something else
- Run the installer
- Rename the folder back to /Library/Automator
©2012 EthnoSync.com. All Rights Reserved.